Forum 12. SS-Panzer-Division Hitlerjugend
Log-in to the Forum to make use of all its features. Need help with your Research? Contact bveforschung@gmail.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Log-in to the Forum to make use of all its features. Need help with your Research? Contact bveforschung@gmail.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geschichte der 12. SS-Panzer-Divsion Hitlerjugend. Forum dedicated to the History of the 12th SS-Panzerdivision Hitlerjugend. Historical and Education Purposes.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking for Information on Helmut Willie Fischer

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

HUFIPUFI

I know that my father served with the 12th SS but he has never been forthcoming with any details. I believe he was captured by British (prehaps Canadian troops) near the Carpiquet air field. If anyone has any information, it would be much appreaciated by myself and his grandchildren.

Ste

Ste

Hello HUFIPUFI, welcome to the forum!
Around the Carpiquet airfield there was a battle around 4-5 July 1944.In position there was the I./26 SS Grenadier Regiment and some units of the 12SS Panzer Regiment, the 9.Kompanie and the 4.Kompanie held as reserve.
I./26 suffered high losses both in killed,wounded and missing, specially the 3.Kompanie who lost 75men and was virtually destroyed,so it's very possible that your dad was in the 3./26. If you got some details, they could be helpful.
Otherwise, you can do a research to the Deutsche Dienststelle: http://dd-wast.de/frame_e.htm

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum