Forum 12. SS-Panzer-Division Hitlerjugend
Log-in to the Forum to make use of all its features. Need help with your Research? Contact bveforschung@gmail.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Log-in to the Forum to make use of all its features. Need help with your Research? Contact bveforschung@gmail.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geschichte der 12. SS-Panzer-Divsion Hitlerjugend. Forum dedicated to the History of the 12th SS-Panzerdivision Hitlerjugend. Historical and Education Purposes.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Warcrime at Krinkelt?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Warcrime at Krinkelt? Empty Warcrime at Krinkelt? August 18th 2013, 01:14

Mike S.

A veteran of the HQs co.. 1st Bn. 38th Rgt. 2nd Inf. Div.(he sadly passed away last June), wrote me many years ago about an (alleged) warcrime commited by troops of the HJ on or about December 18th, 1944 during the bitter fighting for the twin villages Krinkelt/Rocherath, Ardennes 1944. He wrote:"I know of one incident on Dec.17 that the Germans captured 12 men, medics and some of their wounded. The next morning they let the medics go and shot the rest on a hill just outside Krinkelt. One of those they shot was not killed and crawled back into town to tell his story." He knew of other isolated incidents of killing of soldiers trying to surrender and were shot as soon as they walked out in the open.

I dont know if anyone was ever accused or brought to trial. Anyone any knowledge of this or any other warcrime committed by troops of the HJ during the Bulge?

Mike S.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum